Henry Langdon BBQ Competition Ts&Cs
Terms and Conditions
- All sections and information in this document form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter of this Competition is Henry Langdon Pty Ltd (ABN 45 110 812 363), located at 429-431 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne, VIC 3205.
- The following Terms and Conditions apply for the Henry Langdon Ultimate Summer BBQ Competition to be conducted by the Promoter (Henry Langdon).
- Information on how to enter the Competition and the Prize available form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the entrant.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are void. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated, or tampered with in any way.
- Entry is open to Australian residents. Directors, officers, management, and employees of Henry Langdon (and their immediate families and friends), or connected to the provision of the Competition in any way, are ineligible to enter. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step- brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Competition commences at 9.00am on Tuesday 1st November 2022 and closes at 6.00pm on Tuesday 22nd November 2022 (Competition Period).
Method of Entry
8. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Competition.
9. To enter, entrants must:
- Follow Henry Langdon (@henrylangdon1852) on Instagram.
- Complete the Questionnaire provided by Henry Langdon
It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure that their contact details provided through the Registration Process are correct and to notify Henry Langdon of any changes to their contact details prior to the date of announcing the Winner. Henry Langdon will not be liable if it cannot contact any entrant because of any incorrect contact details provided to it by an entrant.
- Entries will be deemed accepted once the Registration Process is completed.
- Maximum of one entry permitted per person. Any entries submitted by an entrant after that entrant first enters the Competition will be automatically disqualified.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries by that entrant invalid.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over at the time of the entry being completed.
- Entries must be received within the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Henry Langdon database. Henry Langdon accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, technical disruptions, network congestion, communications failure or otherwise. Henry Langdon is not liable for any consequences of user error including, without limitation, costs incurred. Henry Langdon reserves the right to extend the Competition Period at its own discretion and subject to any relevant legislation.
- Henry Langdon does not accept responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Henry Langdon reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the Registration Process. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, Henry Langdon reserves the right in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant. Failure by Henry Langdon to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the entrant's individual internet service provider.
- Henry Langdon prohibits entries that violate the rights of others or are unlawful, defamatory, or obscene. Henry Langdon reserves the authority to reject entries which violate these standards. Further, the Promoter reserves the right to delete entries which Henry Langdon considers are offensive, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate.
- Henry Langdon, in its sole discretion, will determine one (1) winner in total (the
Winner). The Winner will receive a prize, as set out in clause 21 below.
- The entry that is selected by a random draw by Henry Langdon will win the following Prize, at the discretion of Henry Langdon:
- Weber Q Premium (Q2200) Gas Barbecue (LPG) (Value $599.00)
- 10x Henry Langdon Loose Leaf Teas (English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Green Mint, Breathe, Good Morning, Chai Spice, Chamomile & Lavender, Organic Green, Peppermint, Lemongrass & Ginger; Value $130.00)
- 6x Henry Langdon Cocoa & Chais (Pure Cocoa, Drinking Chocolate 1kg, Chai Latte, Vanilla Chai Latte, Honey Chai Latte, Cocoa Chai Latte; Value $103.00)
- 7x Henry Langdon Sea Salt Rubs (Australian Lemon Myrtle Sea Salt Rub, Chilli Garlic Sea Salt Rub, Rosemary Sea Salt Rub, Coriander Chilli Kaffir Sea Salt Rub, Cracked Black Pepper Sea Salt Rub, Smoked Paprika Sea Salt Rub, Australian Sea Salt Flakes; Value $91.00)
- 5x Henry Langdon Spice Blends (Greek Gyros Spice Blend, Middle Eastern Spice Blend, Smokey BBQ Spice Blend, Dukkah Spice Blend, Mexican Spice Blend; Value $60.00)
- 1x Henry Langdon Navy Apron (Value $40.00)
with a total prize value of approximately $1023.00 (together, the Prize). The Winner agrees to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions of the relevant venue upon redemption of the Prize.
- The Prize is to be redeemed within twelve months of the Winner being notified of the Prize and is available for redemption between Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
- The Prize (or any part of it) is not transferrable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The Prize value is in Australian dollars inclusive of GST based upon the recommended retail value of the Prize components at the time of printing. Henry Langdon accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of any part of the Prize between now and the Prize redemption date.
- If any part of a Prize is unavailable, for any reason (including unforeseeable or other special circumstances), Henry Langdon, in its absolute and sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any part of the Prize for a prize of equal value and/or specification. To the extent permitted by law:
Henry Langdon makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of the Prize; and
b. no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, the Winner is unable to use the Prize as stated.
- If there is a dispute as to claiming the Prize, Henry Langdon reserves the right in its sole discretion, to determine the outcome of the dispute.
- It is the responsibility of the Winner to cover the costs of any additional out-of-pocket expenses associated with redeeming the Prize over and above packaging and delivery of the Prize to the Winner.
- Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, the Winner is responsible for all other expenses.
- The Competition will be a game of chance and the selection of the Winner will be by random draw by Henry Langdon from all the entrants who have completed their entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Entries will be placed into a random draw and the Winner will be chosen at random from all eligible, valid and complete entries received. All entrants will have an equal chance of being drawn.
- The draws will take place at the office of Henry Langdon at 429-431 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne, VIC 3205 on Wednesday 23rd November, 10am. Henry Langdon may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case an invalid or ineligible entry is drawn.
- The entrants will be notified via email if the conduct of the Competition is changed (including when it is to take place) at least 5 days before the scheduled time for the draw.
- The Winner will be notified via email/phone on Wednesday 23rd November 2022. The name of the Winner will also be published on Henry Langdon’s Instagram (@henrylangdon1852) on that date until Tuesday 20th December 2022 (details to be published include First Name, Last Name & Postcode).
- If the Winner fails to respond to the Henry Langdon’s email or contact Henry Langdon by 6.00pm on Wednesday 7th December 2022, Henry Langdon reserves the right to select an alternative Winner (from reserve draws as stated in Ts&Cs No.29).
- In the case where a Redraw is required, the entries will be assessed and selected by 6.00pm on Friday 9th December 2022 at the Henry Langdon offices at 429-431 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205. There will be a maximum of one Winner selected in total.
- The Winner of the Redraw will be notified via email by Monday 12th December 2022. The name of the Winner of the Redraw will also be published on Henry Langdon’s Instagram (@henrylangdon1852) on that date until Monday 9th January 2023.
- The Winner of the Redraw will receive the Prize, as set out in clause 21, at the discretion of Henry Langdon.
- Henry Langdon may in its sole and absolute discretion deem a "winning" entry invalid after the Winner is notified or their name is announced if it is discovered that the Winner did not enter the Competition in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. In those circumstances, Henry Langdon will reserve the right to Redraw.
- Henry Langdon’s decision is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the result.
- Once the Winner has been confirmed, Henry Langdon will contact the Winner to arrange for delivery of the Prize. The Prize for the Competition will be sent via post or email, after the Winner provides their preferred delivery mechanism to Henry Langdon, subject to any governmental restrictions which might be imposed from time to time in response to COVID-19.
- When contacted, the Winner will be required to further confirm their acknowledgement of and agreement to these Terms and Conditions. The Prize will be issued to the Winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and subject to such confirmation.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the requirements of the supplier of the Prize.
- Entrants consent to the Henry Langdon using the entrant's name, likeness, image, voice and/or entry in the event they are the Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media or any media platform for an unlimited period worldwide without remuneration being paid or owed to the entrant or any additional compensation for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), or promoting any products or materials manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or the supplier of the Prize and any related use by Henry Langdon. The Winner agrees to sign such other documentation as Henry Langdon may require to confirm these rights.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, each entrant assigns all rights in the entry to Henry Langdon and consents to Henry Langdon using the entry in any manner Henry Langdon wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. Henry Langdon may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
- It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the Winner agrees to participate in and cooperate with all news, media / PR activities surrounding the Competition or reasonable media editorial requests, including but not limited to, being interviewed, photographed and filmed, and the Winner grants Henry Langdon a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The inclusion of any such recordings, footage or photographs (including but not limited to creative control of such recordings, footage or photographs) will remain with Henry Langdon at all times.
If there is a dispute as to the conduct of the Competition, Henry Langdon reserves the right in its sole discretion, to determine the outcome of the dispute.
46. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Henry Langdon, Henry Langdon reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- to disqualify any entrant; or
- subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as Henry Langdon considers appropriate.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders Henry Langdon 's ability to proceed with the Competition within the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, epidemic or pandemic or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Henry Langdon’s control, Henry Langdon may in its absolute discretion cancel or vary the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any relevant legislation.
- Henry Langdon reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who it has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. Henry Langdon’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Henry Langdon is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or any combination thereof related to or resulting in the cancellation of the Competition.
- The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as other laws in Australia, may imply certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, and give the entrant other legal rights. If they apply, these cannot be modified or excluded by any contract. The entrant may consider seeking legal advice as to whether they apply to the entrant.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. Other than these consumer guarantees, and subject to clause 23, Henry Langdon makes no warranties about any Prize offered as part of the Competition, including warranties as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of such Prize.
- Records (including financial accounting, accounting for all entries and report of the distribution of the Prize) of this Competition will be kept for 5 years after delivery of the Prize. Audit records confirming the prize draw can be made available to an authorised officer or member of the police force on request.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria. Each entrant submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria.
Liability and Release
55. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Henry Langdon and its related entities (including the Government of the State of Victoria) and their respective officials, servants, representatives, agents and sponsors (and any of their respective representatives), exclude all liability (including liability in negligence) for any claim, personal injury, death, loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), cost or expense that may be suffered, incurred or sustained by the entrant (including the Winner), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its receipt by Henry Langdon);
- any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions of entry;
- any tax liability incurred by the Winner or an entrant;
- any participation in the Competition; and/or
- redemption and use by the Winner of the Prize.
- Henry Langdon and its related entities and their respective Representatives take no responsibility for a defective Prize or a Prize damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail.
- All entry details become the property of Henry Langdon. By entering the Competition, each entrant is taken as giving consent to Henry Langdon collecting and using the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including for the purpose of identifying, notifying and announcing the Winner). Without limiting the foregoing, Henry Langdon may disclose entrants’ personal information to other parties assisting in the administration of the Competition, including to Henry Langdon’s related entities, Prize suppliers, external service providers, authorities that regulate this Competition and third parties as required by law. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the entrant consents to Henry Langdon, its related entities and using the entrants’ personal information for the purpose of sending direct marketing messages with respect to programs, products and services available through any of all of them.
- In addition to the privacy term set out above, if the entrant has ticked the "opt-in" box, Henry Langdon may also use personal information entrants provide to send information about Henry Langdon’s products and services (including via electronic means), and may disclose the information to its related bodies corporate, agencies and contractors (including call centres, advertising agencies and direct mail houses) Henry Langdon engages for that purpose.